Wayne, over at : http://turnwhentheroaddoes.com/ just posted about his DOUBLE pneumonia! Boy, he sure does have a positive attitude, however! I'm going to send him my prayers. You may wish to read about his ordeal at his blog, so I've included a link to it.
Having had pneumonia 4x now (3 times in ONE school year), I never want to get it again! It nearly did me in, and this was...let me think...about 18 years ago (maybe 20). I had it in early December, then again in February, and then in May. Actually, I don't think I ever really got over it until that summer. HOWEVER, now I get bronchitis easily and my lung capacity has dwindled. I get easily winded and out of breath. I even got altitude sickness when we drove up to the Bristlecone forest in the Sierras. It is at 10,000 feet and, yes, I got a headache, nausea (I RARELY get that), and I was cranky! (More than usual!)...Hubby drove us down off the mountain road and I was fine once we got back on Highway 395. Then, HE got altitude sickness the last time (last summer) we visited our rented cabin near June Lake (eastern Sierra).
I'm finding that I can BARELY get through two weeks at school. I've been back 7 days and I'm already exhausted! Between my own limited lung capacity and 26 kids who, every afternoon, just seem to fall apart, teaching is wearing me out. One more year and maybe another 1/2 year and I AM DONE! HA! That's IF I can last that long!
Hubby and I HAVE drastically changed our eating habits. We eat a LOT more fresh (organic) fruits and vegetables and I don't eat beef AT ALL anymore (now for a couple of years). He only eats it once every week or so. That's a big change for a man whose stepfather was a butcher. He tells me stories about how people would bring his dad deer back in PA and his stepfather would butcher them. Yes, and don't even THINK about trying to fool hubby into a cut of beef! He knows his beef!
But, we, too have made changes in our lifestyle. I'm also finding that some weekends (like last one), I simply do NOT have the energy to ride 45 minutes each way, up a narrow, winding mountain road, to visit the horses. I wish I did have more energy, but I have to face the reality that some weekends, I just don't. After battling the kids all week, by Saturday (most Saturdays), I'm simply PLUM WORN OUT! Sundays don't look too promising sometimes, too.
But, onward we go...
Take care.
~Cheryl Ann~
Ahhh....what energy!
Thank you Cheryl,
ReplyDeletetake a close look at those enzymes.
Wayne
I used to be prone to bronchitis but a dr told me it was caused by stress. So whenever I felt it coming on I'd access my life and get rid of the stress. Only didn't work once, and I eventually divorced it. Hang in there.
ReplyDelete