COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, April 30, 2015

A cluttered desk...sigh...

So, I had to sit down with my principal today and go over my formal evaluation.  And, once again, I got dinged for "clutter".

EXCUSE ME?

Now, look...I've always had a cluttered desk.  I actually don't sit at a desk at school.  I don't even know where the bottom of my desk is.  I NEVER use it.  I just use to to throw stuff onto.    I do use a table, which has my computer on it because I HAVE to use it to project my iPad to the pull-down screen in my room.  However, the projector light is now burned out after 10 years and my district isn't replacing the bulbs, so I am KAPUT.  ...sigh...

So, the week before he was to come to my room, I started cleaning.  I did NOT have piles of stuff anywhere, but my table did have a couple of piles of student work to be graded.  I got dinged.

HIS office is immaculate.  And cold.  And sterile.  It has no personality. My room has photos the kids took on their iPads, it has photos I've taken of my horses, and it has photos of my university.  It's very colorful.  However, one boy has constantly pulled off the bottom of my focus wall, and I got dinged for that.

...sigh...

I much prefer this photo and quote!   :-)  But, that's just me.  Oh, and by the way, two years ago, when he was getting ready to come do a formal observation, HE LOST the lesson plan I'd given him.  Well, I want you to know that I marched over to my CLUTTERED TABLE, reached in, and pulled it out.  SO THERE!


6 comments:

  1. I'm in your 'camp'. Had a sales manager with an immaculate office/clean desk too. He was the most unproductive individual in the company. Did not last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I'm so SICK AND TIRED of this HARASSMENT. Deal with it. PERIOD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day this will be just a vague memory as you enjoy your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to retire! ONE MORE YEAR, one more year...one more year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some admins cannot find much to nick off the "show improvement" box so this particular type comments on things like this. One year, I was chided for not having enough plants in the room. You have my empathy!

    ReplyDelete