COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, April 26, 2015

My dad...

It was way too chilly and way too windy yesterday to even THINK about going outside, so I decided to TRY to take some photos of old family photos with my new Samsung Galaxy Note 4.  I LOVE this cell phone and its camera!  We don't have a scanner at home and I was anxious to give this technique a try!

So, I took a photo of each photo, sent it to Facebook (I couldn't figure out how to email it to myself!), downloaded it from Facebook to my computer desktop, then I opened it up in PicMonkey to crop it, and THEN finally I posted it on Ancestry.com.  Phew!  What can I say?  It worked for me.

Of course, that afternoon, when we were having dinneer with our son and his family, he said, "WHY don't you just scan these?" and took them to his scanner.  HA, ha!  His scanner wasn't working!  Smarty pants!

So, here are some of the photos I took pictures of with my camera:

 That's my dad in his WWII Army uniform.
 My great-great-great grandmother.
That's me with our daughter, 1978.

No comments:

Post a Comment