COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Spring Mountain ranch state park, Nevada Part 1

We headed over toward Red Rock Canyon this morning, but we took a detour to the Nevada state park, Spring Mountain.  We'd never been there before and, after inserting our $9.00 into the envelope and the envelope into the slot, we were on our way.  What a beautiful spot!  I can't believe we had never pulled into it before!  I'm so glad we did.  We spent over an hour there and hubby and I climbed MORE steps, up to the top of a little hill, to see the whole valley below us.  And, from there, we took a tour of the ranch (except the farm house).  There are buildings which you have to go on a guided tour and we'll do that next time.  It nearly rained on us today and it was only 50 degrees, so I had my sweater on all day!  But, it was so worth it.  My legs and knees were sore from yesterday, but we both made it.  Once again, it was mind over matter.  I'm glad we both pushed ourselves.  We are both very OUT OF SHAPE and we needed this!









There is a large pond on the ranch with ducks.  It was very peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment