Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Cactus growing out of the side of the hill~Cactus Monday 121910




I HAD to get out of the house on Saturday and I felt well enough to go for a morning walk and then I drove up to check on my horses up above Deep Canyon. I decided to take a drive on a dirt road which wasn't too muddy. I hadn't been up this road before and I was intrigued by the cacti growing out of the side of the road. The hills were full of manzanita and blue jays! I would like to take this road again sometime when it isn't raining (or snowing). Cactus Monday for December 19, 2010.


3 comments:

  1. Happy cactus Monday! Great shot. You seem to live in a beautiful area

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy CM! I just love your area! Those rocky grey/brown mountains are so intreguing to me! I would love to be able to take that road with you on a beautiful day! It must just take your breath away! Nice opuntia growing out of the rock there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how cactus pop up in the most unusual places!! Great find.

    HCM

    ReplyDelete