COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Santa Rosa Mountain~Outdoor Wednesday 120110

This is Santa Rosa mountain, which is at the end of the trail, about which I posted yesterday and she stands silently above Deep Canyon. There are no roads up to the top, although if you click on the photo to enlarge it, you can see one at the bottom. I'm not sure if that is yesterday's road, since I've never driven the 10 miles to the cabin at the end. It probably is on Indian land, so it could be an access road to some remote homes up on the side of the mountain. The mountain just had a dusting of snow on Saturday night and I drove up Sunday morning to give my horses an extra meal. Many people from the desert frequently take their children along Highway 74 to play in the snow after a mountain storm and I expect to see them over the winter. Sometimes I stop and play, too! :-) Outdoor Wednesday for December 1, 2010.

3 comments:

  1. I love the photo. Just lovely. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty area. Looks like a great place to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shot with the light dusting of snow on the mountain.

    ReplyDelete