The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Sierras trip~highlights~010111
















Hubby and I headed out with our new car, a Nissan XTerra, to the Sierras for a few days. We left Wednesday morning and arrived about 2:00 p.m. in Lone Pine. That afternoon, we headed out to the Alabama Hills and headed up the Whitney Portal Road a ways. Not too far, however. There was snow all around and we don't have snow chains (YET...)...Thursday, we headed up to Bishop, CA and drove up the road to South Lake. We got as fall as AspenDell as the road was closed. We got as far as Crowley Lake and Highway 395 was so icy, that we turned around. The road was closed further up and, like I said, we didn't have chains or a 4-wheel drive. Many, many cars were covered with snow coming from that direction! We enjoyed our 3 days in the Sierras and will go back either in January, February, or on my spring break!





2 comments:

  1. Look at all the snow!!! I love that stretch of road into California....beautiful area. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! When I enlarged your first photo my jaw dropped open and some gasping sound emerged from deep within me. My HEAVENS but that is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Great road trip pics!!!

    ReplyDelete