
Hubby and I grabbed our cameras this afternoon and we headed up the highway next to Deep Canyon. It was partly to get out and enjoy the blue sky and partly to get away from our two dogs and our son's Weimeraner, who we are now "dogsitting". It was good to get outdoors, after 4 days of rain! I showed hubby the dirt road with my favorite dead tree, which I call "the dancer". He took his own photos of it, which I haven't seen yet. The daylight quickly faded and soon it was time to head home, but I'm glad we had at least a half an hour to go up the canyon. It was interesting to see it right after a major rainstorm. Everything smelled so fresh and clean and damp! I saw many places where the water had run over the last 4 days and our footprints were the only ones I saw the entire time! I love this tree and I've photographed it now for nearly a year and I love to watch the area around it change through the seasons. I can't wait for the pinyon forest's first snowfall this season and I'll walk back to "the dancer" and see it in the snow! SkyWatch Friday for December 23, 2010. This post was also submitted for "Festival of the Trees". Please click on the badge below to read more about the "Festival of the Trees" and to visit their blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment