Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Sierras, snow, and wind~SkyWatch Friday 123110

Hubby and I headed up Highway 395 yesterday morning, to Bishop. Along the way, we stopped at a rest stop. Hubby wandered off one way and I took this photo of the Sierras. The wind was blowing at the top of them, blowing off Wednesday afternoon's snow! We saw this all along the Sierras yesterday. Apparently another storm is moving in, so we are heading home! SkyWatch Friday for December 31, 2010. Does anyone know the term for this? When the wind blows the snow off a mountain???

3 comments:

  1. No, I don't. This photo makes me completely breathless. Words fail...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I really love it !!
    What a view...
    Happy SkyWatch and Happy New Year !
    Greetings from Holland,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know a term for it but I really enjoyed your photo. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete