COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Views of Deep Canyon~Scenic Sunday and SOOC for 121210




It was a beautiful, warm afternoon yesterday and hubby was at work (...happy dance!...), so I decided to take a drive up into our local mountains and alongside Deep Canyon. I didn't go visit my horses at all because I took our cat, Abby, to the opposite side of the valley to be spayed. I ran errands all morning, once I dropped her off. I'm glad I had an opportunity yesterday afternoon to do some more exploring, although I learned that my Honda CRV, while it is pretty good on some roads, just isn't a 4-wheel drive! I nearly got stuck after taking these photos. The dirt road became full of ruts and I wasn't sure I'd be able to turn around further up, so I turned around in an area full of cholla! ACK! I also could hear branches scratching the sides of my car! Hmmmm....hubby keeps saying that next year (i.e. January, I hope) we'll buy a truck and believe me, I can't WAIT! I'd really like a 4-wheeled one, so that we can get off the main roads and get back into areas to take photos. As it was yesterday afternoon, I got further back on this road than I ever have before, but to drive any further, I'm going to need a 4-wheel drive. But, I'm happy with these photos from yesterday. I heard some chattering chipmunks and two very noisy bluejays! SOOC and Scenic Sunday for December 12, 2010. To visit Scenic Sunday, please visit: http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/ To visit SOOC (Straight Out of the Camera), please visit: http://www.murrieta365.com/ Enjoy your day! My aunt wants to come with me to visit the horses today, so we'll drive up there early this morning.


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for a glimpse of a beautiful place that few have traveled. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great series of photos, looks like a 4 wheel drive would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. Again, the scenery looks almost familiar to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like beautiful countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that first shot - perfect!

    ReplyDelete