Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Carrizo Canyon walk~That's My World 122810











It was lightly misting the day after Christmas and I was eager to try out my new monopod. It had rained in Carrizo Canyon the previous night and everything was still wet and damp and smelled so good! It stayed cloudy and dreary all day, but I didn't care...I just wanted some "outdoor" time. I stopped by the store and rented a carpet shampoo machine because...well, with three big dogs, you HAVE to shampoo your carpets...accidents DO happen! But, at this time, I was glad to be out in the canyon, which will close on January 1 while the bighorn sheep are lambing. I may not have a chance to return before then, so I wanted to see as much as I could on this day. That's My World for Tuesday, December 28, 2010.




4 comments:

  1. The canyon looks Much more appealing than a carpet scrubber. Ah... what cha goin' ta do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to be able to get out for a hike. It's too bad that this area will soon be closed to you but I understand the importance of leaving the sheep alone at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. three big dogs sound like fun!:p i have a dog and thankful that i don't have carpets.:p very interesting terrain.

    ReplyDelete