Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Cholla closeup~Cactus Monday 121310





After my run-in with the cholla last weekend, I was much more aware of where I put my feet on Saturday. I took a dirt road off Highway 74 and got out and walked around on Saturday afternoon. I came across these cholla along the road and believe me, I gave them plenty of room, until I came in closer to take these pictures! Cactus Monday for December 13, 2010. Please visit http://painteddaisies.blogspot.com/ for other participants.

3 comments:

  1. Those are some mighty impressive spines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yikes, they look deadly. I hope you weren't hurt too bad.
    Love your header pix.

    ❤HCM❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah these cholla are nasty! Great shots! I went to Arizona last summer and brought home a couple of different varieties to grow. Why? Because I'm just crazy like that. So now I have 3 different kinds!

    HCM

    ReplyDelete