Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"W" is for weather~ABC Wednesday 122210











The second of several storms hit our area on Monday and I grabbed my camera when I headed up the mountain to visit my horses. From the desert, through the pinyon forest, to the top of the mountain, the WEATHER was WET and chilly. The WIND was blowing and it was cold! Snow is forecast down to 5,000 feet today and it rained all night here in the desert. All roads crossing the WASH are now closed to traffic in Palm Springs and along the rest of the desert. Hubby and I may head up the mountain this morning to check on the horses, who will be standing in WATER and mud. Ahhhh....WINTER!!!!




5 comments:

  1. It's been really stormy out west, hasn't it?

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay yi yi, this weather is really something, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. Winter can be so wicked on the roads. I don't mind driving in rain, but tule fog scares me. I'm one of those people who don't think that it rains on the desert. Silly me. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pea soup fog - it's beautiful when viewed from a dry and warm spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful progression of photos. Hope the horses are fine.

    Linda
    ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete