Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Clouds on the mountains




I have waited for a day like this for over two years now!  The last time we had clouds hugging our mountains was about two years ago.  Well, yesterday didn't disappoint me!  I headed out with my trusty Canon EOS 7 early in the morning to capture them before the sun made them disappear.  Don't worry...that didn't happen all day!  I took a LOT of photos and I was out and about for 3 hours!  TIMELESS~I took a walk down the Cahuilla Tewanet overlook, but not on the cement.  I walked out to the edge of Deep Canyon and looked down.  MAN, I'd LOVE to hike down there, but I don't think my heart could take the climb back up! I would have to stop every 3 feet!  That's quite a drop in elevation.  Is that the Sawmill trail down in the canyon or another one?  Anyway...It was WONDERFUL to get out and enjoy the beauty of the desert and our mountains!  Here are a few photos from yesterday.

4 comments:

  1. So, Cheryl in reading your sidebar, I've been meaning to ask you...which do you prefer...your Nikon or the Cannon. My husband wants me to part with my Nikon and buy a Cannon that his lens' will fit. Great sky pix...crisp and clear!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look, this has been hard for me, too. I LOVED my Nikon...still use it as my "backup" camera, but I can do so much MORE with the Canon. Let's face it...my Nikon is a D40x, which is an older model. It doesn't have as big a sensor as the Canon. On the other hand, I get better macros with the Nikon...the color just jumps out! And, I get better sunrise and sunset photos with the Nikon. The Canon, however, seems to be a lot easier to use and I do have a longer lens on it (300 mm). So, I guess it depends on how much you want to spend. My husband bought me the Nikon refurbished for $600.00. The Canon was $1800. Good luck and I'm anxious to see which you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a mysterious look when the mountains are partially shrouded in clouds.

    Too bad there isn't a way out of the bottom other than back up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your magical photos!

    ~Maria Northcutt

    http://discoveringranchlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete