The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sawmill Trailhead and storm~Friday's Fences~011113



I drove up to Pinyon Flats this morning to drop off a book and a newspaper article for one of my son's friends.  These two have known each other since they were in kindergarten and still remain friends today.  Anyway, I wanted to get these up to Aaron before the storm hit (THE SNOW STORM...).  It was misting when I drove up the mountain about 9:00 this morning, but the WIND was unbelievable!  I nearly lost my car door when I opened it!  Man, it was blowing!  The clouds were moving across the mountains very quickly.  Then it got so foggy I couldn't see the road, so I dropped off the book and newspaper (wrapped in plastic), took a few photos, and drove home. Brrrrrrrrr!!!  Friday's Fences (and fog) for January 11, 2013.  To visit Friday's Fences, please go to:   http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/   Yes, I made it home safely.  In fact, I drove the other direction and took photos of the windmills near Palm Springs!  :-)

7 comments:

  1. wow, lots of fog there. nice views. i sure hope your car door is ok... that sounds scary. happened to my mom once. that wind is a crazy thing. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can almost tell in the photos how the sky was changing so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an ominous storm! Great-looking fences and trees on the hillside. Boy, I bet it got covered in snow after you left!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOO, that would be terrifying to me to drive down a mountain in fog! Do be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, sounds like you got there in the nick of time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so interesting the watch a storm come in! I wouldn't like the wind! Nice pics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific captures of the nasty weather!

    ReplyDelete