COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sawmill Trailhead and storm~Friday's Fences~011113



I drove up to Pinyon Flats this morning to drop off a book and a newspaper article for one of my son's friends.  These two have known each other since they were in kindergarten and still remain friends today.  Anyway, I wanted to get these up to Aaron before the storm hit (THE SNOW STORM...).  It was misting when I drove up the mountain about 9:00 this morning, but the WIND was unbelievable!  I nearly lost my car door when I opened it!  Man, it was blowing!  The clouds were moving across the mountains very quickly.  Then it got so foggy I couldn't see the road, so I dropped off the book and newspaper (wrapped in plastic), took a few photos, and drove home. Brrrrrrrrr!!!  Friday's Fences (and fog) for January 11, 2013.  To visit Friday's Fences, please go to:   http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/   Yes, I made it home safely.  In fact, I drove the other direction and took photos of the windmills near Palm Springs!  :-)

7 comments:

  1. wow, lots of fog there. nice views. i sure hope your car door is ok... that sounds scary. happened to my mom once. that wind is a crazy thing. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can almost tell in the photos how the sky was changing so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an ominous storm! Great-looking fences and trees on the hillside. Boy, I bet it got covered in snow after you left!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOO, that would be terrifying to me to drive down a mountain in fog! Do be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, sounds like you got there in the nick of time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so interesting the watch a storm come in! I wouldn't like the wind! Nice pics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific captures of the nasty weather!

    ReplyDelete