Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

I'm ready for the weekend!




We have had freezing nights here in the desert for the last week or so.  Down in Thermal, it has been 29 degrees some mornings.  That isn't good for the crops down there.  As I drive to work from my home in the desert and drive out toward Thermal, I can see layers of smoke.  Farmers are burning hay to help keep their crops from freezing.  And, our local mountains have had hail and a couple of dustings of snow.  But, temps are now on the way up and by the weekend, it will be in the mid-70's in the desert!  Whoo, whoo!  And, I have a 3 day weekend!  I can't WAIT!   :-)

3 comments:

  1. the mid-70's...holy moosepoops! It's supposed to get into the 20's for the next week here...enjoy your three days off...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can confirm that it was REALLY cold in Thermal last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful country, love the mohave yucca with the trees, not a common sight, must be about 5000'?

    ReplyDelete