The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Where are my mountains? Our World Tuesday~012913





My mountains were covered with clouds this weekend.  I awoke Sunday morning to a desert completely covered with fog, something we haven't experienced here for many years.  I couldn't even see our local mountains and we live only a couple of blocks away from one called "Haystack".  It is my morning view every morning, that is, until Sunday.  But, Saturday morning, I headed out with my camera to take some photos of the clouds.  Apparently another storm is moving in next weekend similar to this last one, so I can't WAIT!  :-)  Our World Tuesday for January 29, 2013.  To visit OWT, please go to:   http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. Cheryl, first, thank you for your info regarding cameras! I saw something on the weather channel about air being trapped between mountains and because it stays cool, the mountain tops can be hidden. These are still beautiful shots!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in the mountains too, in Åre (Sweden.) Isn't it amazing how fast the weather can change. Like magic, from one world to another in minutes- sometimes seconds. It still amazes me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos. This is my kind of scenery. Thanks! I'm following, and invite you to join me too.
    McGuffy's Reader
    http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Saturday we drove from Yuma to here and it was foggy and/or a drizzle almost the entire way.

    ReplyDelete