Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Friday's Fences~020113~Pinyon fence



I frequently drive by this fence up in Pinyon Flats.  Our son's best friend lives up in Pinyon and I often stop by to visit Aaron.  He's a good kid and godfather to our grandson.  He loves to read, so I recently stopped by his place and dropped off a bag full of westerns.  He especially loves Larry McMurtry and I had some of his books to pass on to Aaron, along with some other westerns.  Every time I see this fence, I think of the area around Lake Tahoe.  I'm glad to see that somebody in our mountains has a fence like this!  :-)  Friday's Fences for February 1, 2013.   To visit Friday's Fences, please go to:   http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. I like this fence, too. It's rustic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it is built to stand the tests of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember watching westerns as a child and they always had exactly this type of fence in the movie. Thanks for jarring that memory. I hadn't thought about these in years and years and years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful type of fence and I enjoyed seeing your photos of it! It reminds me a lot of the splitrail fences in the south and east.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are my favorite kinds of fencing!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete