COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Windmills






You know, I can see the Palm Springs windmills from a couple of spots up on Highway 74 in the Santa Rosa mountains, but only a couple.  They are hidden by hills between the highway and the desert floor.  Spring Crest is a good area to view them and there is ONE turnout on the highway that offers a good view.  Yesterday, instead of heading up the mountain, I headed over to Yucca Valley and Desert Hot Springs.  First, I wanted to get some photos of the windmills because hubby refused to stop and take any on Sunday, when we were out in that area.  Second, I wanted to take my time and drive around Yucca Valley.  We don't get up that way very often and I missed some photo opportunities that I wanted to have yesterday.  So, off I went!  Some of these photos have wires in them (which I usually TRY to avoid), but one can't always get the shot one wants, right?  Anyway, it was a nice day...high clouds, not too cold.  More clouds and rain and even snow will be coming to our mountains and valley.  Snow is forecast down to 2,500 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment