Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Windmills






You know, I can see the Palm Springs windmills from a couple of spots up on Highway 74 in the Santa Rosa mountains, but only a couple.  They are hidden by hills between the highway and the desert floor.  Spring Crest is a good area to view them and there is ONE turnout on the highway that offers a good view.  Yesterday, instead of heading up the mountain, I headed over to Yucca Valley and Desert Hot Springs.  First, I wanted to get some photos of the windmills because hubby refused to stop and take any on Sunday, when we were out in that area.  Second, I wanted to take my time and drive around Yucca Valley.  We don't get up that way very often and I missed some photo opportunities that I wanted to have yesterday.  So, off I went!  Some of these photos have wires in them (which I usually TRY to avoid), but one can't always get the shot one wants, right?  Anyway, it was a nice day...high clouds, not too cold.  More clouds and rain and even snow will be coming to our mountains and valley.  Snow is forecast down to 2,500 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment