Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Monday, January 14, 2013

The house on the hill~Burnt Ranch Road




I sometimes take different roads as I head up to the horse ranch and yesterday I drove out Burnt Ranch Road.  Yes, there IS actually a burnt out ranch house on this road, but that's another story.  I've always been intrigued by the dome house which sits on top of Table Mountain and commands a wonderful view of the Santa Rosa mountains.  I travel along the base of those mountains every weekend.  Anyway, this house is a domed one (I LOVE yurts!)...it is not a yurt, but a wood construction home.  They do have goats there and they keep the place immaculately groomed.  I wonder what stories this house could tell?  Isn't that a lovely view that they have?  Maybe next weekend I'll take a ride down Coyote Canyon, which is the back way to Anza Borrego.

2 comments:

  1. One thing I do miss from VA is driving in the mountains!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really miss that view, especially in summer during the Monsoon Season. I also miss the people who are long since gone.

    ReplyDelete