Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Waves in the sand



I woke up early Saturday morning and the hubs went off to work, so I left the house to drive up the mountain to check on my horses.  It was a warm morning (no frost).  That's a relief from the frost we've all been having here in the valley and up on the mountain.  I didn't get any photos of the valley when the farmers burn hay to protect their crops.  It makes the whole lower end of the Coachella Valley smoky.  I smelled it one morning driving to school, but I just didn't take the time to drive out and take photos.  Some other time I'll do that.  Anyway, on my way home from the horse ranch, I spotted this sand on one of the big agricultural plots of land up in Anza.  Apparently they had a lot of wind because the sand was built up and I could see wavy lines in it.  It is kind of pretty, don't you think?  The horses were all fine.  In fact, it was warm enough that some of them were out taking "sun naps".

4 comments:

  1. i like the subtle, soft colorations in these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the beaches in Aruba when I walk early before footprints hit it!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful!! I really enjoy your pictures. Thank you for sharing. Regards, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the sands of Agri-Empire. I remember those frigid Santa Ana winds and the mega dust storms. I hated those winters.

    ReplyDelete