Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

And the fog rolled in...

I drove up to the horse ranch this afternoon because hubby was working a late shift and I had the whole afternoon to myself!  So, what did I do?  Head up to visit my horses!   (hehehe!)  As I dropped down into the valley, I saw a bank of clouds off toward Temecula.  This was about 5:00 p.m.  By 6:00, the entire valley was covered with them, the temperature dropped, and the sun was obscured.  I took a drive out by the Cahuilla Mountain market and then out Cary Road, where I took this photo.  You can see the cloud layer nestled against the back of Thomas Mountain.  I nearly had to turn on the heater in my car!  I can't wait to return tomorrow morning because I have to buy more pellets for the herd.  I wonder if the fog will stay overnight or if it will drift away?

2 comments:

  1. Nice shot. Hope tomorrow brings more good views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it when those fog banks rolled in.

    ReplyDelete