COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, October 5, 2012

Yellow shrub and fences~Friday's Fences~100512


I'm hoping that another blogger, Timeless, can identify this shrub for me.  I saw several of these shrubs blooming along the fence on the Indian reservation between Pinyon and Paradise Corner, along the oak tree stand.  It was so pretty that I pulled over to take these photos.  I spotted two deer in this area about a year ago and I spotted another one since then.  They just jump over the fences. Friday's Fences for October 5, 2012.  To visit FF, please go to:   http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. Timeless, I appreciate all your comments and thank you so much for continuing to stop by here! I've had an awful case of bronchitis lately and now have COPD and I don't have as much energy as I used to have, but I TRY to get up to the mountains each weekend. However, until last Saturday, it was a whole month that I didn't. I'm anxious to see the autumn leaves soon and I'll check out those locations you mentioned. Have you ever driven out to the end of Cary Road? Where the old conference center is located? There are some beautiful cottonwoods out there. I think it is still too early for them, but I'll drive out there in a couple of weeks.
    Thanks again~
    Cheryl Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots...the yellow really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever they are, they sure complement that barbed wire fence!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure have had more than your share of health concerns over the last year or so. Hope you get well enough to get back to your horses and having fun in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your short posts I keep wondering when you folks are going to move up there in either Idyllwild, Garner Valley or Pinyon.

    Don't forget to stop at Spring Crest and view the brightest yellow you've ever seen above the community on Santa Rosa Mtn where their water tanks are.


    I've been to the end of Cary Road many times and to the old Labor School which originally was run by Labor Unions years ago. Yes they have some huge Cottonwoods and so Does Cahuilla Reservation, but it's to complicated to explain how to get there online here.


    I love big majestic Cottonwood groves. There are not many old ones left. North of the City of San Jacinto along the San Jacinto River are several old timers that turn beautiful colours in the Fall. Ares down around Warner Springs, Ranchita, San Felipe Valley, Santa Ysabel also have beautiful colours. Mesa Grande & Lake Henshaw would also be good pics.


    --

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm curious as well. i wonder what type of flower it is? ... so cheerful & really brightens up the view. great shots. (:

    ReplyDelete