Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The first leaves of autumn up at the ranch


I've been waiting for signs of fall up at the ranch so eagerly that Saturday I walked over to the maple and sycamore trees to see if there were ANY yellow leaves.  I did spot these, but that was it.  It just hasn't been cold enough yet.  At least, not cold enough until last weekend, when they had frost up there.  I'm hoping by next Saturday, more leaves will turn.  We've had a LONG, LONG, LONG hot summer...sigh...

4 comments:

  1. Where is your ranch ? I always had a heck of a time getting my California Sycamore to not freeze back almost every year. Mostly it was my fault for not finding a tree or seed source where the genetic information had reset it's bud break clock to reflect high altitude climate variances. This tree was from almost Sea Level Canyons in Orange County just a couple miles east of San Juan Capistrano.


    -

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice start. Our fall color will soon be gone completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been enjoying fall so much now! Unfortunately I've been having problems with blogger though so I hope you get this...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timeless, it is not my ranch. It's the ranch where I board my horses, in Anza.

    ReplyDelete