I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Tree by the road~Our World Tuesday~100212
I have driven by this tree for nearly 5 years now and I've never stopped to get a photo of it until last Sunday. There was very light traffic on Highway 74 and as I whizzed by it, I realized that it was now or never! I turned around, parked, and hiked a short distance to take photos of it. Sometimes dead trees have a certain beauty to them, right? Our World Tuesday for October 2, 2012. To visit OWT, please go to: http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You should photo the tree for every viewer here that everyone puts a different set of close on now and then. You know, the one at the foot of Sugarloaf Mountain ?
ReplyDeleteThat dead tree looks like an old Sugarbush (Rhus ovata).
BTW, you are certainly up late tonight. Get some sleep, you need the rest for dealing with those kids.
*smile*
Oh, yes...I know the tree. The problem with it is that there is no turnout near it, cars do whizzing by, and I'm not sure I could get a decent angle on it. Right now, I think it has a Cal Trans vest on it! I believe the old lady who used to decorate it either is sick or no longer around...I'll check on it this coming weekend.
ReplyDeleteI remember back in the 1980s when someone dressed it up as a Nazi in uniform with armband and all. If you remember on dead branch does have a Zieg Heil pose about it.
ReplyDelete--
What a beautiful capture of nature. The gnarled roots and textures are wonderful.
ReplyDelete