Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The view from Spring Crest



There's a tiny community of less than 20 homes along a part of the mountains along Highway 74.  It is called Spring Crest.  I often pull out there to look at the view of the desert floor far, far below.  Last Saturday, however, I stopped to take a closer look of the views around this area.  Aren't they spectacular?  I can see the huge plateau in the bottom photo from my home in the desert and it's so different up here in the mountains!  It was such a clear and bright day that I'm glad I had the opportunity to view this area.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome view. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picture of Pinyon Flats community in the last photo, Palm Canyon and Spring Crest neighbourhood itself. You know the underlying ground there is granite bedrock. When one chooses to build there you need to lightly dynamite to fracture the ground so that it will pass a Percolation Test required for Septic Leach Line Fields. Still, very peaceful quiet neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete