COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, October 13, 2012

New life from old




There's a burned area right across from Spring Crest, up on Highway 74.  It burned a couple of years ago and I've been watching the regrowth.  There was a lot of manzanita up there and it is slowly coming back.  They get quite a bit of rain off the western slopes of the mountains up there, so the grass came back right away.  Sometimes, if I have time, like today, I'll stop and take a few photos and observe it.  Here are some of the photos I took today. Oh, and yes, thank you, Gaelyn.  ALL went well with the horses!  My vet is a short, wiry guy who can give them their shots in the blink of an eye.  Poof!  It's done.  I didn't even realize he had done 3 of them!  Sunni was a bit dramatic, and Scout, too, but all ended well and they all got a treat for their good behavior!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to watch the rebirth after fire. Hope all went well with the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes destruction happens for a reason...:)JP

    ReplyDelete