The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

New life from old




There's a burned area right across from Spring Crest, up on Highway 74.  It burned a couple of years ago and I've been watching the regrowth.  There was a lot of manzanita up there and it is slowly coming back.  They get quite a bit of rain off the western slopes of the mountains up there, so the grass came back right away.  Sometimes, if I have time, like today, I'll stop and take a few photos and observe it.  Here are some of the photos I took today. Oh, and yes, thank you, Gaelyn.  ALL went well with the horses!  My vet is a short, wiry guy who can give them their shots in the blink of an eye.  Poof!  It's done.  I didn't even realize he had done 3 of them!  Sunni was a bit dramatic, and Scout, too, but all ended well and they all got a treat for their good behavior!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to watch the rebirth after fire. Hope all went well with the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes destruction happens for a reason...:)JP

    ReplyDelete