COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Searching for fall colors~Our World Tuesday~100912

I drove up by Spring Crest Sunday, looking for signs of autumn, and found this tree.  It's still early for fall here in our local mountains.  Summer was around until, well...last weekend.  Now we've had days in the mid 90's and the forecast is for a winter storm to move into our valley and mountains starting tomorrow.  Snow is forecast above 7,000 feet already!  Wow!  That's early.  I remember one year when the Palm Springs Tram got snow on Halloween, but it is usually November or even December before Idyllwild gets measureable snowfall.  We'll see...Our World Tuesday for October 9, 2012.  To visit OWT, please go to:   http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. As is typical of the Spring Crest Development, the roads are lined with Arizona Cypress as you can see from the blue green or gray green foliage. That tree with the early stages of yellow looks alot like Fraxinus velutina (Velvet Ash or Arizona Ash or Modesto Ash). Look up the creek and you'll probably see the parent trees way up the mountainside. I remember the Trees by the water tanks high above always had the best colour. Seeing that photo is like seeing an old friend - Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Predicting snow here by Friday. Brrr... I am so not ready for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No kidding Gaelyn, but I'd take your's over mine here in Sweden any day *smile*

    ReplyDelete