Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Oak Grove barn~Shadow Shot Sunday~021713

This old, old barn is down by Aguanga, CA, which is at the end of Highway 79, past Anza.  We frequently pass by it on our way to Warner Springs or Julian or Ramona.  I love to stop and take photos of it.  I'm afraid that someday I'll drive by and it won't be there!  One time, when we stopped, several cows and calves were inside the barn mooing quite loudly!  Another time, it was completely deserted.  I wonder what stories it could tell?  Shadow Shot Sunday for February 17, 2013.  To visit SSS, please go to:  http://shadowshotsunday2.blogspot.com/  If you wish to read more about this barn, it is on one of my other blogs here:   http://southwestbarns.blogspot.com/2011/09/oak-grove-ca-barnbarn-charm092711.html

3 comments:

  1. Tales from old barns would be wonderful!!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that the word Barn in Swedish means child ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably a lot of history there. I hope it does stay there a lot longer.

    ReplyDelete