Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Okay, I tweeked my photo a few times (new results)

First of all, I wish to thank all of you for your comments today.  And, Al, I REALLY appreciate yours!  Yes, I need to slow down and take my time when taking photos.  I'm always in such a rush, even when I take photographs.  You reminded me of that!   :-)

So, tonight, I sat down and tweeked the photo a few times (still using PicMonkey), but using the color and saturation modes.  

Here are the results!  I hope you all enjoy them as much as I enjoyed experimenting with different effects!   :-)
~~Cheryl Ann~~


I started with the original photograph.  Then, I cropped it...much better already!  :-)  Then, I played with the sharpness.  I'm glad I did this and maybe now I won't be afraid to edit my photos!  BIG STEP FORWARD for me!  Thank you all!   :-)

4 comments:

  1. I love editing photos and even doing fun things like adding or subtracting objects or people. That's part of the fun of digital. I always wanted a darkroom as a young person, and now I have something even better right on my computer. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I usually don't tweak my photos, but I have to admit that its worth the time to do it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, congrats! Well done, and welcome to the world of post-processing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Editing photos to me is as much fun as taking them. Lighting conditions are not always the best in the field & composition can be a challenge in many locations but getting those same photos into a editing program is like a second chance to photograph the same subject all over again. Lighting problems can be corrected, composition re-positioned etc. Inaccurate colors can be dealt with & contrast problems solved. Half the fun of photography is in the photo editing process & at the end of each day I always enjoy uploading my photos into my Picasa photo editing program to see what little treasures I may have captured. And, it's always a challenge, no matter what the photo problem is, to solve & trouble shoot each & every photo to have the photos come out as natural looking as possible. Some days, using all 4 cameras, I may very well have over a hundred photos to edit & keep straight. But, like so many hobbies, the key is loving what you are doing....and that is the key:))

    ReplyDelete