Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Saturday morning walk

I went for a LONG walk yesterday over at Desert Willow.  DW is the city-owned golf club/timeshare complex.  It's up on top of a nice little plateau and offers gorgeous views of our local mountains and the desert beyond.  I like to walk up there because it isn't crowded.  Well, USUALLY it isn't crowded, but yesterday I could barely find a parking spot!  So many people were out walking, but, then, too...it WAS 8:00.  I'm usually done by 8:00 and I'll be heading out earlier this morning!  This was the pretty view of a desert willow and some of our early-blooming desert shrubs.  The forecast is for temps in the mid-70's for the next week, so our desert wildflowers should be blooming shortly!   :-)  Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. In the 70's next week lucky you...I'm excited that we'll be in the forties!!! Can't wait to see the desert flowers...they are so pretty!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete