Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Bighorns at the Whitewater Preserve



Hubby was off work yesterday and he wanted to drive over to the Whitewater Preserve, which is up in Whitewater Canyon, at the base of the San Bernardino mountains.  So, bundled up, off we went.  Unfortunately the minute I got out of the car there, I knew I was in trouble.  I had the flu last weekend and my bronchitis kicked back roared back into existence and it was extremely windy up there.  The wind funnels down through the canyon.  Anyway, I didn't wish to be out of the car for much time, but I noticed hubby making a beeline, like he had spotted something, so I went running after him.  Sure enough!  There were 3 bighorn sheep up on a ledge!  This is the second time we have spotted them up there and they aren't an unusual sighting.  I love to watch them.  They are so agile.  Climbing rocks is no big deal for them!  And, they didn't seem to mind us watching them!   :-)

1 comment:

  1. Cool sighting of the Bighorn. I hope you are feeling better! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete