Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Homestead and feeling better~!



I'm actually feeling better today.  I drank water with lemon and hot tea all day yesterday.  Then I sent hubby out for some chicken soup with rice and you know, that cleared up my phlem!  It was so bad I was wheezing all day yesterday and I could barely breathe!  Ugh~no fun!  My fever broke, but I'm still a little unsteady on my feet, so it's back to the archives today!  I found this old homestead up in the Cahuilla Hills area, which is to the west of Highway 74.  I was driving around and I literally stumbled upon it!  Isn't it interesting?  I didn't wish to trespass, so I didn't go further.  Look how the swamp cooler is covered.  Apparently nobody has been in this place for a while...UPDATE:  I was off school for 3 weeks.  I NEVER got sick during that time.  It was only after I returned to school, with SICK KIDS in my class room, that I got sick!  Yes, being around sick people will do it!  I had 4 kids out for 3 days last week, and one day another 3 went home with fevers!   :-(

3 comments:

  1. You'd better not push it...have some more chicken soup...it's not worth a relapse...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are recovering. I'm trying very hard not to catch it. Washing hands constantly, not touching my face and trying to avoid people. So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Been a bad winter for illness. Great pictures of the little homestead.

    ReplyDelete