The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mockingbird and ravens~Wild Bird Wednesday~022713



While I was out doing my 1 1/2 hour walk on Sunday morning, I noticed two ravens circling above me.  And, they were right above me.  I couldn't find what they were buzzing until I looked in a tree and there was a mockingbird.  Hmmm...did the mockingbird bother their nest?  Was he too close to it?  I don't know what the reason was, but they sure kept it up!  It was quite interesting to watch.  Once the mockingbird flew away as I crept closer, the ravens ceased their aerial exhibit and left, too, so I don't know what all the fuss was about!  Wild Bird Wednesday for February 27, 2013.  To visit WBW, please go to:   http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I really like ravens and crows - they are such smart birds.

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW.

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a ton of crows around our area and they certainly think they are in charge! I guess for the most part they are...

    ReplyDelete