Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Pinyons~Our World Tuesday~021913




I find myself more and more attracted to our local mountains' pinyon areas as time goes by.  I think it's because of the scrub jays there.  We had one in our neighborhood until a Cooper's hawk invaded and he became dinner for the hawk who now hangs around constantly.  I really enjoy the jays.  They aren't as loud or obnoxious as blue jays and they aren't as large either.  There is just something quieting about hiking out into the pinyon forest.  I can clear my mind.  This is at about 4,000 feet.  According to our weather forecast, an Alaskan storm is making its way down California and this area will have fresh snow Tuesday night.  I already noticed the clouds sneaking down into the valley, so I'll be taking my camera with me the next few days.  Our World Tuesday for February 19, 2013.   To visit Our World Tuesday, please go to this link:   http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. Excellent photography and fascinating post ~ for OWT ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some absolutely gorgeous scenery to get lost in. I love your shots when I open them in their own windows. So much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here on the coast, it's already cold outside. I love scrub jays, we have them here also. Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty landscape shots. I hope the Coopers Hawk moves on. The Jays are pretty birds. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful scenery in your part of the world. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmin VA, I watched a Cooper's Hawk battle a Jay all in seconds!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post!
    http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete