COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Okay, I tweeked my photo a few times (new results)

First of all, I wish to thank all of you for your comments today.  And, Al, I REALLY appreciate yours!  Yes, I need to slow down and take my time when taking photos.  I'm always in such a rush, even when I take photographs.  You reminded me of that!   :-)

So, tonight, I sat down and tweeked the photo a few times (still using PicMonkey), but using the color and saturation modes.  

Here are the results!  I hope you all enjoy them as much as I enjoyed experimenting with different effects!   :-)
~~Cheryl Ann~~


I started with the original photograph.  Then, I cropped it...much better already!  :-)  Then, I played with the sharpness.  I'm glad I did this and maybe now I won't be afraid to edit my photos!  BIG STEP FORWARD for me!  Thank you all!   :-)

4 comments:

  1. I love editing photos and even doing fun things like adding or subtracting objects or people. That's part of the fun of digital. I always wanted a darkroom as a young person, and now I have something even better right on my computer. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I usually don't tweak my photos, but I have to admit that its worth the time to do it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, congrats! Well done, and welcome to the world of post-processing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Editing photos to me is as much fun as taking them. Lighting conditions are not always the best in the field & composition can be a challenge in many locations but getting those same photos into a editing program is like a second chance to photograph the same subject all over again. Lighting problems can be corrected, composition re-positioned etc. Inaccurate colors can be dealt with & contrast problems solved. Half the fun of photography is in the photo editing process & at the end of each day I always enjoy uploading my photos into my Picasa photo editing program to see what little treasures I may have captured. And, it's always a challenge, no matter what the photo problem is, to solve & trouble shoot each & every photo to have the photos come out as natural looking as possible. Some days, using all 4 cameras, I may very well have over a hundred photos to edit & keep straight. But, like so many hobbies, the key is loving what you are doing....and that is the key:))

    ReplyDelete