Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

4 directions~Sunday Stills Challenge~041011





I went out early this morning to take my 4 directions pics. It was a beautiful, clear morning here in the desert, after our two days of sprinkles and clouds. The two bottom photos are north and south. That's north, facing the monuments at the Santa Rosa Mountains visitor center, and south looking toward the Santa Rosa Mountains, along Deep Canyon. That's west, looking toward the wall of the Bighorn development and east looking toward Deep Canyon and beyond. I framed it with a smoke tree so that I wasn't shooting into the morning sun! North, South, West, and East...all from the Santa Rosa Mountains visitor center, which is in Palm Desert, CA. Sunday Stills Challenge for April 10, 2011.

3 comments:

  1. I have to say, all you desert folk are giving me a whole new appreciation for the beauty there and I hope someday I get the chance to photograph that environment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, all you desert folk are giving me a whole new appreciation for the beauty there and I hope someday I get the chance to photograph that environment as well.

    ReplyDelete