Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"O"~ABC Wednesday 042711




Olancha is a little town on Highway 395, about an hour south of Lone Pine. Actually, it's not much of a town. It's mostly a cattle ranch, a ranch cafe, but it is also the home of the Crystal Geyser bottling company. Oh, and a lot of sage and brush! But, for us, Olancha is the gateway to the Sierras. We don't really relax until we hit Olancha! Then, we KNOW we are getting to where we want to be! "O" for Olancha, ABC Wednesday, April 27, 2011. To view other participants, please visit: http://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I never heard of this town, but if ever in that neck of the woods, will have to check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on Hwy 395 many times. You have great pictures of the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and a quaint little town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a very beautiful place to rest from a long travel. Great shots!

    ABC Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so beautiful!

    A Splash of Orange made my ABC this week, come and see. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so beautiful!

    A Splash of Orange made my ABC this week, come and see. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kinda town! I love quaint. Is Olancha anywhere near Ridgecrest where they keep the mustangs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am getting addicted with this blogging hobby, I get to see beautiful places and learn interesting things. Very nice O you have here..

    Mind lOOking at my O entry?, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete