Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Animal tracks~Nature Notes~April 14, 2011





When I visited the Santa Rosa mountains visitor center, I noticed their animal track tray and sand box outside on their newly-renovated back patio. I wandered over to take a look and saw that they had a mountain lion print. All of the tracks were plaster of Paris molds. Of course, I had to further examine the mountain lion one. So, I smoothed out their box of sand, and planted it in the sand and stood back to look at the print. LOOK how big it actually is! I always enjoy visiting the center and I can't wait for this weekend to grab my coffee and croissant and sit and enjoy the view from their patio! To read other Nature Notes, please go to: http://ramblingwoods.com/

6 comments:

  1. Great learning experience. They are Big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating! What a great idea for a learning tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one very powerful looking paw print....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent idea to have the plaster casts available to look at

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing place to be around. Lion prints,... where do you get a chance to play around with those?! :D

    ReplyDelete