Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

California poppy~Flowers on Saturday~ 043011


I decided to take a break from posting about our Sierra trip to bring you some California sunshine! This is a California poppy, which is our state flower. I bought a bag of wildflower seeds at Lowe's last autumn and I raked the area next to our neighbor's fence at home and scattered them. I have quite a few poppies and some desert lilacs growing there and some red flowers that I haven't identified yet! With the coming of our late spring heat, however, these will die out and reseed (for next year), but I need to plant some tithonia and cosmos seeds there soon! Flowers on Saturday for April 30, 2011. To see other participants, please go to: http://blueberrycraftandhobbytime.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. Really beautiful photos here - glad I found you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty poppy flowers. A lovely sunshiny color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pretty poppy flowers. A lovely sunshiny color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour! Your image is striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a pretty shot..:)

    Hope you can visit my Flower on Saturday thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the timely reminder to plant some seeds and see what grows. Nothing makes me happier than to see life grow with a little help from nature - and from us. What a delight!

    Thank you, also, for sharing this as part of this week's "happiness is..." theme. What an appropriate choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it must look lovely at your fence with flowers like that:)

    ReplyDelete