Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Alabama Hills~That's My World~ 041911




Yup. We've headed for the hills again! The Alabama Hills, that is! Hubby is off for several days and I'm on Spring break, so we've headed to our favorite place in California~the eastern Sierras. We drove out through the Alabama Hills this morning and hubby set my camera on the manual setting (I'm a real dufus about this...I always just use the automatic setting!)....but, enough is enough, right? I compared the ones I took on the manual setting to the automatic (...I also took 1 photo on automatic) and there just isn't any comparison. I'm hooked. Now I just have to figure out shutter speed and lens aperature and I'll be set, or I could just ask hubby to do it for me! Anyway, here are some pics from today. That lizard was up on top of the rock FOREVER. I'm surprised a hawk didn't get him! That's My World for Tuesday, April 19, 2011. To see other participants, please go to: http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. You say your camera is not fancy but your photos are. A good book to help you with manual shooting is Understanding Exposure 3rd edition / Revised And Updated by Bryan Peterson. It's helped me a lot in understanding my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy, I have that book! Now, I just need to sit down and read it! Thanks for the tip, though! Hubby is helping me and now I'm hooked on putting my camera on manual! Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you blow up these photos, they are amazingly clear! Good job. Have fun experimenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings from Southern California

    I am your newest follower. I invite you to visit my blog and become a follower.

    God bless you and have a nice Easter :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, i love the Eastern Sierra too, I miss it terribly, sometimes I feel sorry why we did not go there for spring break :( beautiful pictures, have fun with the settings of your camera.

    ReplyDelete