COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cameras and equipment~Sunday stills Challenge~April 3, 2011






I don't have any fancy cameras or equipment. HA! I leave that up to hubby. He can afford it...I can't! My main camera is my Nikon D40x, which hubby bought refurbished. He DID, however, buy me a Tamron 18-200mm MACRO lens. This is my main camera and lens. I find it so versatile that I just take it everywhere with me. I can zoom for wildlife, yet I can also take macro shots. I LOVE IT! And, I'm not experienced enough to really handle manual settings, so I just leave it on auto focus. All of the photos on this blog were taken with the Nikon D40x. For some reason, because of the long lens(?), every manual shot I've taken I've deleted...hmmm....Anyway, back to the cameras...I also have a little "point and shoot" Canon, which I've had now for many years (back to about 2004, I think). Again, hubby bought it for me. This was my main camera for many, many years and I took it with me everywhere. It NEVER took a bad photo and the pics were always clear. This camera works well in low light, so I take it with me on vacation. I can get photos that hubby can't using it. It only has a 3x zoom, however, and forget about taking macro shots with it! But, for an overall versatile camera, it's very good. I also inherited hubby's Nikon D60, which I took all the photos with. It isn't that different from my D40x, but it has a Nikon lens, 18-55mm. I also take this with me on vacation. Finally, I also have an Olympus E-10 (4 megapixel) camera with a 4x zoom. Don't laugh! We walked into the camera store in Bishop, CA one time and the owner and his assistant were shocked to see this camera. It takes EXCELLENT, sharp, clear photos. Apparently its lens was one of the finest ever made. I only occassionally use it now, because I have the Nikons. But, for landscapes, this is the camera I would use. It's refresh time is extremely slow, so I don't use it around the horses, although I have taken some photos of barns with it that were beautiful. I also HAD (past tense) a little Nikon Coolpix (an older model), which I lost about two weeks ago. I drove to school one morning, stopped and took some photos of our mountain snow, put it back in my purse, but I didn't latch my purse. I believe that when I got to school and grabbed my purse, it went flying out onto the staff parking lot. I'm sure it was gone in 30 seconds. I really miss that little point and shoot Coolpix because I could take photos of our grandson quickly and easily and I kept it in my purse. I did get a tripod for my birthday this year and I keep it in the car, but I'm really much too lazy to get it out! I know I should and we took a camera class down in Anza-Borrego state park and had to use a tripod, but for everyday photos, I just use the Nikon D40x. Oh, and no, I do NOT take it to school! No sense losing it! I do take it on my morning and afternoon walks and I take it when I want to take photos of the horses, since they are so active! Here are the photos of the cameras for Sunday stills Challenge for April 2, 2011. I'm also linking this to my other blog, Deserts and Beyond. (http://desertsandbeyond.blogspot.com)

5 comments:

  1. Dang, that's a lot of cameras. Beyond me. I only have my Fujifilm finepix S1500 which is smarter than I am. Like it except it won't take other lenses. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a nice camera. Nice hubby, for giving you his extras!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take great shots, nice story on your gear too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice camera's! Must be fun to have a hubby that is also into photography.

    ReplyDelete