COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Butterfly~Nature Notes~040711





Last Friday afternoon, hubby and I went to the Living Desert Reserve and stopped by the butterfly pavilion. It was empty except for the butterflies and hummingbirds. (Of course, it WAS 104 degrees that day~) But, I was able to get close to one of the butterfly feeders and see this little guy! I didn't have my tripod or I would have zoomed in even closer, but it was interesting to watch the butterfly's long tongue go into the sponge and soak up the nectar! The Living Desert is having their Earth Day celebration this weekend, so it will be crowded, but I'll return another day for another look at the butterflies! Nature Notes for April 7, 2011. To view other participants in Nature Notes, please go to: http://ramblingwoods.com/

2 comments:

  1. Here we are waiting for the warm and you are deep in it. I would like to see the jaguar exhibit. I spent a great deal of time out there when I last visited.Your pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how beautiful and what an interesting feeder..I guess you could do that in your yard, but it would being in a lot of bees too...Michelle

    ReplyDelete