COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, April 2, 2011

First of the Month~Living Desert~April 1, 2011






April 1, 2011~~

I rushed home from school yesterday afternoon because hubby was off work for the day and the new jaguar exhibit was opening up at the Living Desert Reserve. I knew it would be our only chance to see her for quite a while because hubby is now working 17 days in a row and he would be too tired in the afternoons to go there. So, even though it was...104 degrees..., off we went! (Only desert dwellers would go out in 104 degree temps to photograph a jaguar!) It was strangely quiet and uncrowded there, but a few hardy souls were about. Not the jaguar, though! She was curled up in a back corner of her enclosure, taking a few zzzzzzzz's! That was okay, however, as we wandered around, defying heatstroke (I drank a whole liter of water while there...) and we did find some interesting things to photograph! First of the Month for April. To view other participants, please visit: http://www.murrieta365.com/ To see the jaguar, you have to click on the photo to enlarge it. She's sleeping with her back to the camera...sigh...it was the best I could do in bright afternoon light while she was dozing. Perhaps one morning I can spot her when she is out and active, but, remember, it WAS over 100 degrees yesterday and none of the animals were active.

11 comments:

  1. You had to look hard but spotted (ha!) your beautiful cat. Very much enjoy your photos of the desert. So different from our landscapes. Are you going to see the new film just realeased about big cats for Earth Day? It's showing here right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan sent me over from her blog when she shared her 'red' pictures...I love the bench you chose but I also love the blooming cactus!
    I'm glad I stopped by...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame her; I'd be napping in the shad too! Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pic #2 and #4 say it all! And 104F in early April...well, that beats 120F in July. Desert dwellers just accept that as reality - took me 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos, I spotted the jag, right off, because I knew what you were looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jaguar is well camouflaged but I do see it. :) WOW! 104° sounds very, very warm!


    My First of the Month:
    http://moreofme24.blogspot.com/2011/04/aprilfirst-of-month.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be dozing too--although I did pick out her spots before I read your story. I love the photo of the partial stone structure, and the hillside with glimpses of the cactus. stay inside, stay cool :) As for me I'm dying to get outside! Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sneak up on jaguars, while I saw a bunny today in my backyard. Love your shot of the leaves.

    ReplyDelete