The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Palo verde~SkyWatch Friday~040111

As I was out for one of my afternoon walks, I was actually looking off another direction when I heard bees above me! I looked up to see this beautiful palo verde tree covered with yellow blossoms. The palo verdes here in the desert are all blooming right now and they are gorgeous! They only bloom for a couple of weeks, then the blossoms fall off and they go back to looking like green sticks. I have two of them out front and a two-year-old one out back, but it doesn't have any blossoms yet. SkyWatch Friday for April 1, 2011. To visit SkyWatch Friday, please go to: http://skyley.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful the tree is--here and gone, but oh so pretty for that short time. Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love palo verde. Just had three of them planted on the leeward side of the house. Wind took one on the windy side a couple years ago and we have missed it fiercely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Palo verde is one of my favorite trees in Arizona. The green bark and twisty branches are so appealing. A group planting is a show stopper - or at least they stop me! LOVE this - never seen one bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue skies peeking from under that glorious tree is beautiful!
    http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2011/03/skywatch-friday_31.html

    ReplyDelete