COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Oak Creek Canyon, Arizona~SOOC Sunday 031311




No, this isn't Deep Canyon! I took these photos over in Oak Creek Canyon, Arizona. Hubby and I are in Arizona for the weekend and today we drove through Jerome, Cottonwood, Second, and Oak Creek Canyon. We had lunch in Flagstaff, then drove back through Williams. Phew! What a day! I enjoyed looking at the rocks in the canyon. It was too bright and it was high noon when we drove through the canyon, so some of my photos of the trees didn't come out, but these did because I was facing away from the sun. So, I studied the rocks! SOOC Sunday for March 13, 2011. To view SOOC Sunday and other participants, please visit: http://www.murrieta365.com/

6 comments:

  1. Jerome is a funky little town. I really enjoyed Oak Creek Canyon. Also Tuzigoot and Montezuma's Castle NMs are very nice. You're in my back yard. If I weren't in TX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been to Jerome a couple of times, what a drive! Hope you had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first shot...the texture of the rocks really comes through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've captured the texture in that first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    They are beautiful shots of the rocks. I like rocks, they have character. If only they could talk! Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite memories of relaxing is above Sedona, when I sat out on a huge flat rock in the middle of the stream. Mid-May, a weekday and barely 70 outside at noon - just came from parched Las Vegas and heading back home to parched Abq. I think I sat there for over 30 minutes...just me and the sound of water!

    ReplyDelete