Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Living Desert Reserve~Macro~That's My World 032911










Over the weekend I visited the Living Desert Reserve here in Palm Desert twice. One Saturday, I renewed our annual membership ($90 this year, up from $65 last year!) and spent the morning focusing on the blooming flowers and cacti and taking macro shots. I returned Sunday morning to do the same. I've previously always done landscapes, but this time, since I have a macro lens, I really focused on what was blooming. Here are some of the things I saw this weekend. I hope you enjoy them! It was a whole different perspective of my world. That's My World for Tuesday, March 29, 2011.

6 comments:

  1. Such wonderful desert color! Just what I need as we are getting more snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blooms. I love your second to last photo with the red spikes and soft background. Great use of depth of field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this, I live in a big city so this is out of the world for me. I bloghopped my way here, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower shots. It always amazes me that those prickily cactus can have such beautiful flowers. You live in such a lovely place. Mickie :

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful desert flowers. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a habitat I've yet to explore. Such lovely blossoms.

    ReplyDelete