The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What went on here last night?~Nature Notes~033111






Hmmmm....I wonder what happened here last night! Maybe this fellow can tell us? Actually, I love bending over and studying footprints in the sand and trying to figure out what happened. It looks like a lizard went by...see the line in the sand? And, there are rabbit prints, too! And, at one point, I believe I found raccoon prints, coming up from the water course. Finally, I saw some mouse prints! Most of these were up on the berm above the water course. And, in the afternoons, about 4:30 p.m., the jackrabbits and cottontails come out to munch on the sweet grass of the course! The golf course and surrounding areas are busy in the dawn and at dusk! Nature Notes for March 31, 2011. To visit Nature Notes, go to: http://ramblingwoods.com/

4 comments:

  1. Those are so cool! Bet you can come up with a neat story for children using those tracks. I once found deer tracks in a neighbor's front yard, in the snow. Soooo beautiful! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of traffic! Too bad the golf course can't charge 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love tracks as you know, but I am done till next winter so I will enjoy your tracking Cheryl Ann.. Michelle

    ReplyDelete