Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

"blue"~Sunday Stills Challenge 032711


While wandering around the Living Desert Reserve's plant garden yesterday, I came upon this tree. It didn't have a tag and I have no idea what it is, but I sure liked it! I was actually there looking for a Hong Kong orchid tree, like the one at my school. I've also seen them planted here and there in the Coachella Valley, and they do very well in our climate. I'm afraid I'm going to have to go to the most expensive nursery here in town...Mollers... (gag!), but I may just contact my neighbor, who is a landscaper, and she if she can track one down for me. But, I enjoyed this one yesterday and its beautiful, blue blossoms (how's that for alliteration?) Sunday Stills Challenge for March 27, 2011.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see some blue flowers, or any color flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Gail, Hong Kong Orchids can be grown from seed! Maybe cuttings, too, but definitely seed so that may minimize wallet shock :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful blooms what ever they are:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh hurry up spring! Nice shot and lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete