Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Grand Canyon









Talk about rocks! Wow! I once took a class where the professor said, "Water always wins and that's why there is a Grand Canyon!" and, if you want to prove that, just visit the Grand Canyon. I've been there over 6 times now and every time, I just inhale and gaze at it! What a work of nature! It was high noon when we arrived, and it was a bit hazy off in the distance, so I concentrated on using my zoom lens to focus on the rocks. There still was snow on the ledges and alongside the road and it was neat seeing the canyon in winter.

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't look like much snow left on the SR. The canyon is so spectacular. Your photos make me homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how many times I see it it's still spectacular!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO so pretty! I cannot wait to visit there again.

    ReplyDelete